Tuesday 13 January 2015

Swiss Christmas

This year Troy and I had to distract ourselves from the lack of family being around for the holiday season.

We chose alcohol and snow to get us through.

The Swiss Alps seemed like the perfect spot to get ourselves our first white Christmas. And it was white. SO WHITE AND SNOWY.











Zermatt, Switzerland and Geneva are beautiful. I hope that anyone who has an entire stack of cash to blow, definitely head here. The Swiss Alps were one of the most expensive places I've ever been and we probably should have saved up a bit more to really explore every aspect. The train up the mountain was over £100 per day and a plate of simple spaghetti was over 20 Swiss Francs. WHOOPS.

There was also no one in our age range. Only upper 40-year-old's and their small children hitting the slopes with their fixed income. So for kids on a budget, I think we did pretty well. Our Christmas was amazing in our AirB&B cabin and I can't wait to visit our wonderful host soon!

Thank you Switzerland but you haven't taken the Arizona sunshine out of this girl - I STILL HATE SNOW.



No comments:

Post a Comment